Jakarta, The Indonesia Post – Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas stated that until now no country, especially the sending of prospective pilgrims, has received quotas because there has been no signing of a memorandum of understanding with Saudi Arabia.
“This is not even just Indonesia, but all countries. So until now, no country has received a quota, because the signing of the memorandum of understanding has not yet been carried out,” said the Minister of Religion at a press conference in Jakarta, Thursday.
The absence of an MoU has an impact on the preparation of the Hajj pilgrimage. This is because the various preparations that have been made have not yet been finalized. For domestic services, for example, flight contracts, payment of pilgrimage travel costs (BIPIH).
Then the preparation of travel documents, the preparation of officers, and the implementation of ritual guidance, all of which can only be completed if the amount of the hajj quota has been received from Saudi.
Likewise, the preparation of services in Saudi, whether accommodation, consumption, or transportation, cannot be finalized because there is no certainty about the amount of the quota, including the scheme for implementing the Hajj health protocol, and others.
“That’s all usually arranged and agreed upon in the MoU between the country sending the pilgrims and Saudi. So, the MoU regarding the preparation for the Hajj pilgrimage in 1442H/2021M has not yet been carried out,” he said.
In fact, said the Minister of Religion, with a quota of only five percent of the normal quota, the required preparation time is no less than 45 days. Meanwhile, the remaining time until the airport closing date in Saudi Arabia is less than 50 days or about 1.5 months.
Another thing to consider is the impact of the implementation of health protocols that are strictly enforced by the Saudis due to the pandemic situation. This restriction is even included in the implementation of worship.
Reflecting on the organization of Umrah earlier this year, the restrictions included a ban on praying in Hijir Ismail and praying around Multazam. Shaf when establishing prayer is also set apart. There are also restrictions on congregational prayers, both at the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque.
“Restrictions on the length of stay will also have an impact, especially on the implementation of Arbain. Because the period of stay in Medina is only three days, it is certain that the congregation cannot undergo Arbain worship, “he said.
This cancellation of the congregation’s departure applies to all Indonesian citizens (WNI) both with an Indonesian hajj quota and other hajj quotas. (ojn/bbs)







Comment